Tuesday 13 December 2011

in the navy

One is fighting off a cold. I am determined to take no leave, as I will have a little holiday soon, and work is winding down. Cold n Flu tablets are wonderful, but I feel a little like a spaced out ghost at the moment!

This little dress has been lurking in my wardrobe for months. I picked it up at Fashion Treasure markets during winter, and it really doesn't work with stockings... and it's that funny vintage synthetic fabric, so is too sticky to wear if it's really hot. Today was rainy and 22, so perfect.


 Dress - Vintage
Cardigan - Cotton On
Shoes - EOS
Belt - eBay



The hair is very similar to my formal up-do (here), but I did an inside out braid first to really make a feature of the "plait". The last one I did was a normal braid where the "plait" part is hidden. It makes me think of the braided Easter bread our Greek neighbour used to make use when I was a kid.
Anyway, it's a very effective up-do for getting it all out of the way, and if you're a competent braider, it takes very little time and looks way more complicated that it is. It's just a full braid that you keep to one side of the head, and start to curve towards the nape of the neck toward the bottom, then finish plaiting the tails, curve back up the other side of the head and scroll inwards (like a spiral) and pin. And hairspray A LOT. Maybe I'll do a tutorial when I'm on leave in a few weeks and have more time!
In these pics you can see our new "formal" living room, which we've just semi-furnished. Fortune smiled and a friend is moving and needed to dispose of two leather lounges in a very similar colour to our new one. Of course, I haven't hung my mirror yet, but it's at a good height for shoe pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment