Monday 6 February 2012

another year older

The weather last week was pretty wet and miserable and I had no desire to be photographed while dishevelled and frizzy. Friday was also my birthday (I won't tell you which one), and I had lots of lovely friends over on Saturday to help me celebrate.
I wore this dress on Saturday, after finishing the hem in the morning, and on Sunday night I added the ruffle to the bodice. I loved it without the ruffle, and briefly thought it was too much, but I like it now. I may tack it down a bit to stop it being too fierce, but after a few washes it may settle down too. My husband teased me that I look like something out of Mad Men, but I think it's more Emma Pillsbury from Glee. Pity I can't wear mustard, which is how she'd style it, I'm sure!
I can see I will need to make more of these - it's a great dress, a good fit without being suffocating, and a nice simple pattern. You may recognise the skirt shape - it's the same as this one.




Dress - Coffee Date Dress made by me

Cardigan - Cotton On
Shoes - Proudly Posh Heel via ModCloth


Apologies for strange lighting, I was determined to get some shots in the bedroom because it feels like sanctuary at the moment. Apparently my little camera is not able to cope with silhouetting!
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! (whichever one it is) The dress looks fantastic. And I can see what you mean about the sanctuary feeling, I like your white dressing table.

    ReplyDelete